Teacher-Librarian: Mrs Amini
Library Technician: Mrs Donovan
Library Facilities and Services
The Library Learning Commons has undergone significant change over the past year. Renovations have opened up additional spaces. From our library “Oasis” where students can eat their lunch or snacks, to a number of enclosed co-learning centres where students can work collaboratively with the aid of a white board or smart TV, to a maker space with ergonomic tables and supplies for completing hands-on projects - the LLC is a place where students can access the resources they need and use them in a comfortable, inviting environment to support their learning. If you’re at the school, stop by to see our show stopping circulation desk made from upcycled books by our own students!
- A collection of over 11,000 books, in both French and English, accessed by a computer catalogue
- Subscriptions to 20 periodicals
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries available on line and in book form
- On line databases
- Computers for student use, including Chromebooks for library use and a limited number which can be signed out for the school day or to take home overnight
- Colour scanner
- Coin-operated photocopier/printer
- Colour printing
- Student identification cards must be presented in order to borrow library material.
- Books are available for a 3-week loan period and may be renewed, provided no one else has reserved the book.
- Reference books may be borrowed on an overnight basis, after 12:45 pm each day, to be returned before 8:00 am the next school day.
- Special loan periods may apply to books that are needed for class projects.
- Students are responsible for returning all library materials by the due date. A fine of 25¢ per day per book will be charged on overdue material.
- Students will be charged for lost or damaged material.
- Current magazines are available for library use only. Back issues may be borrowed.